Why We Started
Moving in New York City is stressful. There’s high rent, strict financial qualifications, scams, and looking for roommates only adds a new level of complexity. We’ve been there, we’ve done it, and it’s no easy feat. After facing the trials of her own big-city move post-university in 2011, founder Sarah Hill realized that there was a real need for reliable information and support tailored to young professionals and students moving to New York City for the first time. Based on her own personal experience as a renter and Real Estate professional, she started matching roommates based on criteria that mattered most to create new homes that offered peace of mind. Through positive reviews and organic referrals, Perfect Strangers quickly grew from Sarah’s side hustle to her main hustle. Today she manages a full team of Certified Roommate Matchmakers throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, & Queens.
SarahCEO, Founder & OG Matchmaker Read More >
SarahCEO, Founder & OG Matchmaker
“Perfect Strangers began when I held viewings for an open room in my own apartment. I saw so many people with the same budget, move-in date and interests who would be great for me, but also great for each other. I realized I could put them in touch and find them apartments through my real estate work. After personally matching over 400 people, I know first-hand the importance of a personal experience vs using a random platform.”
RuthRoommate Matchmaker | Brooklyn Read More >
RuthRoommate Matchmaker | Brooklyn
1. Where are you from originally? Boston, MA 2. Where do you currently live? BK all day! Crown Heights to be exact 3. What do you love about your territory? I love the Caribbean flavor, proximity to Prospect Park, and of course, tons of fabulous food!
MaggieRoommate Matchmaker | Chelsea/West Village Read More >
MaggieRoommate Matchmaker | Chelsea/West Village
1. Where are you from originally?I am originally from Columbus, Ohio 2. Where do you currently live? I currently live in Chelsea 3. What do you love about your territory? I love all of the restaurants and shops in the Chelsea/west village/ greenwich village areas. On a summer day you can walk to dinner with friends and then go have a glass of wine somewhere. During the day you can either ride your bike or run along the Hudson river.
CassieRoommate Matchmaker | Upper West Side Read More >
CassieRoommate Matchmaker | Upper West Side
Cassie is a Kiwi transplant who loves the fast pace of life in NYC. She treasures her apartment on the Upper West Side as her home away from the crowds. Her favorite thing about the UWS is going for walks in Central Park where you can't see any buildings or hear any traffic, but know you are in the heart of Manhattan
LisaRoommate Matchmaker | Queens Read More >
LisaRoommate Matchmaker | Queens
1. Where are you from originally? Boston, Massachusetts 2. Where do you currently live? Forest Hills, Queens 3. What do you love about your territory? (could be anything!) I love that there are so many areas in Queens with a lot of space giving you a touch of the suburban lifestyle while still providing a ton of nightlife so close to Manhattan.
LaurielRoommate Matchmaker | East Village / Park Slope Read More >
LaurielRoommate Matchmaker | East Village / Park Slope
1. Where are you from originally? I was born and raised in NYC and love everything about it! I grew up in the Upper East Side, but have lived all over Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. 2. Where do you currently live? Over the last few years I have made Park Slope my home. 3. What do you love about your territory? I love helping our clients find apartments in the LES/East Village because it is one of the most exciting areas to live in as a young person in New York!
DiaRoommate Matchmaker | Upper Manhattan Read More >
DiaRoommate Matchmaker | Upper Manhattan
1. Where are you from originally? I am originally from Cuba. 2. Where do you currently live? I have been living in Jersey City for 16 years now. 3. What do you love about your territory? I love Uptown Manhattan because it feels like a small community where everyone gets along and there's a corner store on every block!
DaniaRoommate Support Read More >
1. Where are you from originally? Rhode Island! 2. Where do you currently live? Greenpoint, BK 3. What do you love about your territory? I love how much variety Brooklyn has to offer! From family friendly parks, to cool night spots, and of course killer food spots...Brooklyn’s got it all!